The Southern percussion six-shot (Cap and ball) revolver, circa 1860, was manufactured by Griswold & Gunnison near Macon, Georgia. Introduced in 1850 and made through 1873, the total production of the Model 1851 revolver was about 255,000 pieces. This cap-and-ball revolver fired six 36 caliber balls, and a loading mechanism was incorporated into the design.
Our replica is a museum quality historical reproduction that is a non-firing copy of the percussion classic, used extensively in the Civil War. This piece replicates the original in size, weight and appearance, and the parts function much like the original. However, parts cannot be interchanged or the replica made to fire ammunition.